So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Colome Estate Malbec (Salta): Witness another mineral-laden exhibit of how well this rowdy grape adjusts to high altitude living. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Colome Torrontes (Salta): It's on the viscous side, but the jasmine-&-peaches combo hits the spot poolside on a hot Summer's day. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 15 Mt. Beautiful Sauvignon Blanc (North Canterbury): Once again, we find these guys delivering bouquets that live up to their name. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Franz Keller Schwarzer Adler Pinot Blanc (Baden): Need a pick-me-up? Grab this gorgeous lil' thang, & everything will be peachy. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Louis Pommery California Brut (California): Crisp green apples, shiny wet stones, a slice of fresh lemon, & a promising beginning. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Siduri Yamhill-Carlton Pinot Noir (Yamhill-Carlton): A bargain demonstration of loveliness juxtaposing focused, stern seriousness. $36 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Artesa Estate Reserve Carneros Pinot Noir (Napa Valley): Lofty, wild red berries, grounded in the solid, dark, and dense earth. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Martin Ray Rose of Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Delightful is the name of the game being played here; and well-played it is. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Jack Winery Diamond Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Here witness the Valley in all of its juicy, irresistible glory. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Jack Winery Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): A serious effort that gets weighted down by its attempts to get a bit too serious. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<