So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Pina Cellars Low Vineyard Oak Knoll District Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Ostentatious, sure, but far from being obnoxious about it. $34 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ventisquero Grey Las Terrazas Vineyard Single Block Pinot Noir (Ledya Valley): Quite earthy, very herbal, thoroughly overachieving $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gundlach Bundschu Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): It's tea time, but, alas, the atmosphere of this cafe is uninspiring. $33 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Ca' Momi Reserve Pinot Noir (Carneros): Feels over-packed, tense, and a little overburdened for the journey that lies ahead. $50 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Dry Creek Vineyard The Mariner (Dry reek Valley): Toasty, fun, & garrulous, but also conducting itself with elegance & aplomb. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Gary Farrell Russian River Selection Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Apples, blowing through the jasmine of your mind – & glass $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Wakefield The Visionary Cabernet Sauvignon (Clare Valley): Somehow savory & lush, minty but dark, approachable yet an infant now. $180 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Montes Outer Limits Apalta Vineyard CGM (Colchagua Valley): Young, & misunderstood in its brambly, peppery, wood teenage years. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Ventisquero Grey Single Block Trinidad Vineyard Carmenere (Maipo Valley): Funky, but true enough to form that it cannot be denied. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 La Scola Gavi dei Gavi Black Label (Gavi): Telling a long story, at turns complicated, amusing, refreshing, nutty, & engaging. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 06 PureCru PureCos Red Blend (Napa Valley): Finally, someone finds a way to yield the NV Sangiovese sword with precision & skill. $65 A- >>find this wine<<