So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Rock Wall Wine Company Russian River Valley Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Minerality puts on its sexy date night clothes. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Gloria Ferrer Royal Cuvee Brut Late-Disgorged (Carneros): Pay attention, total gorgeousness just strutted right into the room! $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Rock Wall Wine Company Jack’s Petite Sirah (Dry Creek Valley): Grippy, juicy, minty, spicy, inky… oh, & honestly authentic. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rock Wall Wine Company Teroldego (Yolo County): Northen Italian sets up shop in CA, loses none of his geeky, traditional charm. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Rock Wall Wine Company Jesse’s Vineyard Zinfandel (Contra Costa County): Reds this powerful just aren’t often this damn good. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Salton Intenso Brut (Serra Gaucha, Brazil): Intense it is not; tasty, vibrant, refreshing, and food-capable, it certainly is. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Trimbach Gewurztraminer (Alsace): Lychee-&-spices-dipped, silky benchmark continues its uninterrupted streak at being a benchmark. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Bonny Doon Vineyard Cinsaut Counoise (California): The word “lovely” will appear in your thoughts about 400 times while sipping. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bodegas Cepa 21 Tempranillo (Ribera del Duero): Chest, meet Hair. Hair, meet chest. Smoked BBQ, meet a capable dining match. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Faire La Fete Cremant de Limoux Brut (Cremant de Limoux): Brings tasty baked apple to the party; also, brings the entire party. $20 B >>find this wine<<
4 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For January 4, 2016”
What a great post! you should definitely try out Yourownwinery.com i got to make my own wine and it was amazing. I highly recommend it.
Great blog! have you ever tried Ontario Wines ? would you be interested in reviewing any of our products? we have a large variety of red,white,late-harvest,icewine and fruit wine!
Thanks, Melissa. You can get all of the sample submission details at https://www.1winedude.com/about/#pr_media . Cheers.
Comments are closed.