So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Reata Chardonnay (Carneros): Melons & lemons, all chain smoking while simultaneously baking up some tasty green apple cobbler. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Reata Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Just the right blend of nervy verve & leathery heft; can you hear the bargain hunters cheering? $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Raventos i Blanc La Vida al Camp Brut Cava (Cava): A simple, refreshing open book about the picturesque Spanish hillsides. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Raymond Reserve Selection Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Tropical fruit that's a little bit too busty for that little green dress. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Raymond Reserve Selection Chardonnay (Napa Valley): A rich, peachy delight; be prepared to sound the Guilty Pleasure alarm, though $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Montevetrano Colli di Salerno (Colli di Salerno): Beguiling black fruit battles brawny funk; & the brawny funk wins this round. $80 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Meritxell Palleja Nita Priorat (Priorat): A soft, capable & crowd-pleasing introduction to one of Spain's dark seductive charms. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Stony Hill Vineyard White Riesling (Napa Valley): Floats like a flower petal, stings like a lime pith, focuses like it means it. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Stony Hill Vineyard Gewurztraminer (Napa Valley): Fresh, transparently lovely, butinterested in talking to U for a few more years. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Jim Barry Wines The Lodge Hill Shiraz (Clare Valley): Juicy blueberries amped up & looking to rage at the nearest happening party. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Jim Barry Wines The McRae Wood Shiraz (Clare Valley): Minty, vibrant novel with sweet fruit heroine & satisfyingly complex plot. $45 A- >>find this wine<<