So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Cadaretta Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): A walk in the forest; wet leaves, potting soil, brambly fruit, & definitely wood. $50 A-
- 14 Ferrari-Carano Sky High Ranch Pinot Noir (Mendocino Ridge): Got a hankerin’ fer sarsaparilla, fella? This is yer chewy cup-o-tea. $48 A-
- 11 Fattoria I Veroni Chianti Classico Rufina Riserva (Tuscany): Certainly not subtle, but certain of its burly power & tasty prowess. $39 B+
- NV Simi 1876 Brut Rose (Sonoma County): Cherries with the pit, toast with the crust, vivacity with the weight, balance with the depth $40 A-
- NV Simi 1876 Brut (Sonoma County): The guns are a-blazin’ when this toasty, vibrant straight-shooter rides up into this here town. $40 A-
- 13 Troon Blue Label Malbec (Rogue Valley): An entire cigar box’s worth of spicy, fragrant tobacco products are on display here. $29 B+
- 13 Rodney Strong Malbec Reserve (Sonoma County): Off to a promising start; smoking stogies while barbecuing up the red meat. $40 B+
- 13 Zuccardi Q Malbec (Valle de Uco): All the black fruits and jam, plus a side of chocolate, cigar, and quarry levels of stoniness. $20 B+
- 14 Vina Tarpaca Gran Reserva Etiqueta Negra (Maipo): If you can deal withe the green pepper, there’s rich cassis here to spare. $35 B+
- 14 Dr. H. Thanisch Feinherb Riesling (Mosel): The energy and talent of a well-bred puppy that’s ready for a dog show stage. $14 B+
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For February 4, 2017”
Amazing post thanks for sharing :)
Comments are closed.