So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Tres Sabores Petite Sirah (Napa Valley): How about that; the decor of this former man cave had seen the touch of a feminine hand. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): The haul might not be a long one, but the seats are leather & the living is large $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Domaine de La Rectorie Cuvee Leon Parce Banyuls (Banyuls): And aaaalllll the chocolate ants are marching… & drinking… a lot… $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Masut Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Mendocino): Unquiet slumbers for the sleepers… in that quiet, toasty, meaty, dark earth $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau Les Pins Muscat de Rivesaltes (Roussillon): Freewheeling, but anchored with sweet orange blossom & exotic fruit wheel pins. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tenuta Regaleali Lamuri Nero d'Avola (Sicilia): Currants that came here to kick ass & chew sage, and it's *almost* outta sage. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Yalumba Eden Valley Viognier (Eden Valley): A wild, frenetic, modern mini-symphony, played with passionate abandon & obvious skill $19 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Yalumba Bush Vine Grenache (Barossa): Awesome for all the same reasons that spicy, peppery beef jerky is also totally awesome. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Montepulciano): If you only knew the spicy, sweet, savory power of the Dark Fruit Side! $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut (Champagne): Fresh apples that are crisp, tangy, focused, & gliding at high speed on a biscuit luge. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For February 24, 2014”
Tried the Tres Sabores last Friday at big Petite Sirah event "Dark and Delicious" – Very good!
Comments are closed.