So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 01 Podere Rocche dei Manzoni Valentino Brut Zero Riserva Metodo Classico (Piedmont): Still singing along to Kool & The Gang's "Fresh" $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Bellavista Franciacorta Brut (Franciacorta): Always nice to bmp into someone who has buoyancy but doesn't lack for seriousness. $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Michel Chapoutier Bila-Haut Occultum Lapidem (Cotes du Roussillon Villages Latour de France): Long of name; also long on tastiness $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Michel Chapoutier Bila-Haut Cotes du Roussillon Blanc (Cotes du Roussillon): I'm a limestone cowboooyyyyy… Rolle rides again! $13 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Franco Ziliani Pratello Valtenesi Sant'Emiliano Chiaretto (Lombardia): Hard to pronounce, difficult to write, sooooo easy to drink. $NA B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Cantele Negroamaro Rosato (Salento): Cherries giving roses to strawberries, sitting on slate by freshwater streams. Ok, whatever. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Terredora di Paolo Rosaenovae Rosato Irpinia (Campania): Has a nice body, which it has adorned with raspberry perfume goodness. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Zardetto Private Cuvee Rose (Veneto): Roses are red, sour cherries are red, some berries are red… are U gonna finish that glass? $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Spell Wines Nichole's Blend Pinot Noir (Sonoma County): Richly textured, with an instantly-likeable and generous disposition. $39 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine Paul Blanck Riesling Schlossberg Alsace Grand Cru (Alsace): Well, something sure as hell went very, very, very right here. $32 A- >>find this wine<<