So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140-ish characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Donatella Cinelli Colombini Casato Prime Donne (Brunello di Montalcino): Not all of the heroes survive at the end of this brooding, exceptional, heartfelt tale, performed by an all-female cast. $100 A >>find this wine<<
- 15 Donatella Cinelli Colombini Leone Rosso Orcia (Tuscany): A Tuscan Sangiovese core, displayed at some of its juicy, plummy, & deliciously friendly best. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 06 Donatella Cinelli Colombini Vin Santo del Chianti (Tuscany): Tasty, persistent, powerful, and not at all shy about leaving lasting – and quite positive – impressions. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ehrhart Domaine Saint-Remy Gewurztraminer Cuvee EVA (Alsace): It’s really, really hard not to like something this finessed, rosy & lovely. Except by hard, I mean impossible. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Josmeyer Riesling Hengst Grand Cru (Alsace): Do you like limes? How about slate washed in sea water? Whatever, just shut up & drink this already. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Gustave Lorentz Cremant d’Alsace Rose (Alsace): More perkiness than anything else, but that perkiness is both very pretty and totally charming. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Lieb Cellars Reserve Pinot Blanc (North Fork of Long Island): Take a flower, put a fresh lemon slice on top of it, sprinkle it with a bit of sugar and sea salt, take a whiff, be very happy. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Franciscan Estate Reserve Merlot (Napa Valley): Dense and silky, because, well, duh, but never looses touch with its soulful Merlot roots. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Walker Hill Vineyard Chardonnay (Green Valley of Russian River Valley): Still in fine form, with a bit more nutty pie crust than tropical perkiness. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Dutton Goldfield Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Goldilocks just-right levels of bramble, fruit, spices, zest, flesh, and flash. $44 A- >>find this wine<<