I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2018 Cantina Vignaioli Elvio Pertinace ‘Pertinace’ (Barbaresco): Perky above all! Grab some Bolognese and let the happiness commence. $36 B+
- 2018 OG de Negoce N. 82 Meritage (Walla Walla Valley): A deep, dark, expertly structured bargain worth bragging about. $29 A-
- 2018 OG de Negoce N. 48 Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): A river of bright red berry fruitiness for not a lot of rowing. $24 B+
- 2018 Qupe Grenache (Santa Barbara County): Smoky, meaty, juicy, rich, chewy… basically, a meal unto itself! $39 B+
- 2019 Hahn Family Wines ‘SLH’ Chardonnay (Santa Lucia Highlands): Just like the SLH font on the label, everything inside this bottle is dialed up BIG. $20 B
- 2019 Cattleya ‘The Initiation’ Syrah (Santa Lucia Highlands): A gorgeous, exquisitely textured, nearly flawless valentine to SLH itself. $70 A
- 2017 Goosecross Branta Red (Napa Valley): When blueberry pie got SEXAHHHHH!!!!!! $65 A-
- 2019 Oberon Merlot (Napa Valley): A big ol’ crowd-pleasin’ heap of NV juiciness. $20 B
- NV 2018 Domaine Bousquet Brut (Mendoza): Tangy citrus action FTW, people!! $15 B+
- 2019 Henry’s Drive – Vintage Longbottom Magnus Shiraz (Padthaway): Those who never gave up on the big, bold Shiraz style will be swooning… $80 A-