So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 07 Peter Jakob Kuhn Oestricher Lenchen Riesling Auslese (Rheingau): 375ml of concentrated, lively, mind-blowing citric loveliness. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Giovanni Menti Riva Arsiglia (Gambellara Classico): So… this is the white wine equivalent of the crazy-haired science teacher. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Masi Masianco Pinot Grigio Verduzzo (Friuli-Venezia Giulia): Not too full of itself, but definitely full of engaging personality. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Pina Napa Valley Wolff Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Yountville): Spice box is the name of the game, and it's playing it very well. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Mark West Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Juicy berry fruit that still has some fresh garden dirt on it. $23 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Nobilo Icon Pinot Noir (Marlborough): Like a Late Baroque tune, energetic and fun but never really losing its sense of refinement. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Duval-Leroy Rose Prestige Premier Cru Brut (Champagne): Now bring us some figgy pudding… actually, just bring us some of this. $80 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone Rouge (Cotes du Rhone): Fruity, funky, fresh, friendly, andjust fastidiously impossible to dislike. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 M. Chapoutier Belleruche Rouge (Cotes du Rhone): Putting on a clinic of throwin' peppery punches well above one's pay grade. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Ponzi Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): With all that cranberry and pepper, you'll think someone set the clock back to Thanksgiving. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<