So, like what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 05 Remirez de Ganuza Reserva (Rioja): Intrepidly into the dark, dark night, your tanned leather pants & chewing tobacco at the ready. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Rocca Sveva Valpolicella Ripasso (Valpolicella Superiore): Enters like a leather-clad bar thug, leaves like 1 of your best friends $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Roth Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): All’s well that ends this brightly, this crisply, this lemony, and this damn long. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Mumm Napa Blanc de Blancs (Napa Valley): Richness & lightness, on a collision course towards toastiness (and towards tastiness). $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Mumm Napa Brut Prestige (Napa Valley): Cream, pears, melon & grit; serve before dinner if you want to make some fast friends. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Churchill’s Vintage Port (Porto): Big-boned but not lumbering; structure that’ll come in handy in a decade or so when it grows up $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 07 Quinta da Gricha Vintage Port (Porto): Sturdy & strong, with a woody finish that will stand longer than most wooden structures. $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Churchill’s 20 Year Tawny Port (Porto): Believe it or not, this will evoke a comparison to Sancerre in its gentleness & elegance. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Churchill’s 10 Year Tawny Port (Porto): A lovely old & spacious place, now decked out fully in clean, modern, angular furnishings. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 03 Churchill’s Late Bottled Vintage Port (Porto): Here we go ’round the mulberry bush, for a full-on, rich X-mas dessert course. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Churchill’s Finest Reserve Port (Porto): It’s a man’s man’s world for Ruby, apparently (& they like to add pepper to everything). $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Churchill’s Dry White Port (Porto): Heady, rich, seductive, and a Port for Sherry lovers (all 3 of you who are left out there…) $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Luce della Vite Lucente (Tuscany): Mostly licorice, mostly modern, mostly one of the better Lucentes released in modern memory. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Twisted Oak The Spaniard (Calaveras County): High on sweet oak, but even higher on juiciness, licorice, leather and *fun*. $49 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Domaine Roland Schmitt Pinot Blanc (Alsace): A plump, juicy, tropical plan that just… almost… comes together in the end. $15 B- >>find this wine<<
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For December 10, 2012”
I was expecting to see some 'J' reviewed here….
Masi3v – next week, my man… :)
Comments are closed.