So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Giovanni Negro Roero Arneis Brut (Roero): Fresco, fresco, fresco! More textural than complex, but in this bubbly case it's enough. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Careglio Roero (Roero): Chewy dark cherries, aromatic well-worn leather, freshly sprouted violets, and heaping helpings of spices. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Matteo Correggia La Val dei Preti (Roero): Roero Nebbiolo that's floral, minty, lovely, and dark, but also wholly accessible. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Consorzio San Michele Invidia (Vermentino di Gallura): If you like 'em tight and stony, then get ready to pucker up to this one. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Marcato 36 Mesi Monti Lessini Durello Brut (Veneto): Raging acids, but it'd be tough to find a better Summer sipping bargain. $10 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Weingut Florian Weingart Bopparder Hamm Engelstein Riesling Kabinett Feinherb (Mittelrhein): That time when apples were gorgeous. $26 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Guy Breton Regnie (Beaujolais): You can cover delightful in earth, pepper, and funk all you like, but delightful it will remain. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Stewart Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): You wanna get bold? You wanna get bold? Cuz this is ready to get bold, brah! $68 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Stewart Sonoma Mountain Chardonnay (Sonoma Mountain): Lip-smacking tastiness, wrapped up in just a bit too much silk. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 I Stefanini Monte de Toni Soave Classico (Soave): Like Summer fun in bottle form, with a side of lemons on a slate plate. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<