I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2013 Domaine de Sainte Cecile du Parc ‘Mouton Bertoli’ Rouge (Pays de Caux): Savory, spicy meat course totally staring you down. $38 B+
- NV Villa Sandi Il Fresco Spumante Prosecco (Veneto): Refreshing fruity, playfully fun, and solidly… uhm… solid. $16 B
- 2018 Domaine Bousquet Reserva Malbec (Tupungato): All around the mulberry bush, we chased the tasty bargains… $16 B+
- 2018 Qupe Bien Nacido Vineyard ‘Y’ Block Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County): Y not, indeed, you’ve got nothing to lose here. $18 B+
- 2019 Eberle ‘Cotes-du-Robles Blanc’ (Paso Robles): The topical nuances run deep in these parts. $25 B+
- 2019 Rodney Strong Rose (Russian River Valley): Talking’ about tart cranberries… Wait, you weren’t talking about tart cranberries? Well, you will be! $20 B
- 2017 Dutton-Goldfield Dutton Ranch Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Entering its toasty, savory phase, with fashionable flourish. $37 A-
- 2017 Dutton-Goldfield Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): A gritty character, and one that’s still strikingly handsome. $46 A-
- 2018 Steele Wines Durell Vineyard Chardonnay (Carneros): Hlding its weight together with tangy loveliness, or maybe lovely tanginess… or both… $36 A-
- Steele 2016 Sangiacomo Vineyard Green Acres Pinot Noir (Carneros): These green acres might be the place for you, if you like your Pinot on the lighter side. $36 B+
2 thoughts on “Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For August 10, 2020”
Joe – You are so cool! I want to share your blog and/or other Wine Dude info on my new website, majoringinwine.com, so people know how great a wine career can be! Please contact me for specs for the ad. I’m going to comp this one!
Thanks, Chris. That’s good, since I’m not so great at my career that I can afford to take out ads! ;-)
Comments are closed.