Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- NV Cockburn’s Special Reserve Port (Porto): Recent Symington makeover suits this Ruby well; offering plum, fig, date & peppery spice. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- NV Perrot-Batteux Cuvée Helixe Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs (Champagne): Lemony verve, sexy, nervy energy & all with a side of bread. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Davis Family Vineyards Guyzer Block Syrah (Russian River Valley): From the blue fruits aisle straight to the cured meats section. $38 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Davis Family Vineyards Soul Patch Estate Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): RRV native takes an earthy, elegant trip to Burgundy. $42 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Davis Family Vineyards Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Berry compote with a finish longer than most cross-country bus rides. $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Davis Family Vineyards Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Might lack some uniqueness, but certainly not charm (or age-worthy acid) $36 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Weingut Baron Knyphausen Erbacher Michelmark Riesling Erste Lage (Rheingau): Floral, spiced beauty; tense, nervy citric brawn. $57 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Treana White (Central Coast): Tropics, florals, vivacity, versatility & just crazy amounts of joy (& aging potential) for the coin $23 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Eberle Estate Chardonnay (Paso Robles): Crème brûlée that was kind enough to bring the acidity. Wish it had also brought scallops. $20 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Cass Winery Syrah (Paso Robles): From herbs to jammy fruit to beef to coffee; kind of like a microcosm of an entire dinner here. $42 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Cass Winery Grenache (Paso Robles): Fire-starting strawberry & meat that will pepper (in both senses of the word) your tongue. $28 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Cass Winery Rockin One White (Paso Robles): Acidity, butterscotch & apples in an oak cloak. Will probably shed it for seafood stew. $32 B >>find this wine>>
- 10 Cass Winery Roussanne (Paso Robles): Kinda like a lemon boulder – there’s a ton of heft, but a there’s a ton of minerality, too. $26 B >>find this wine>>
- 08 Adelaida Version (Paso Robles): Smoky, meaty, earthy red fruits dominate, & they really, really want some smoked sausage. $34 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Adelaida HMR Estate Pinot Noir (Paso Robles): Rustic, authentic & juicy red berries ridin’ right outta the hills of ol’ Paso. $35 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Adelaida HMR Estate Chardonnay (Paso Robles): Peach & citrus that are hand-delivering minerals, & shooting star-like vivacity. $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini Reviews Round-Up For October 29, 2011”
You sample all that in a week! Lucky dog!
:) well, some are from notes but they're all pretty recent. And I am pretty lucky!
Comments are closed.