- 07 Scloss Reinhartshausen Fountain Blue Riesling (Rheingau): ABCs of the region – Austere, Balanced, & Critical mass of apricot goodness #
- 07 Scloss Reinhartshausen Old Vines Riesling (Rheingau): Victorian-statue austere. White peach & pineapple demand that u kiss their rings! #
- 07 Schloss Reinhartshausen Erbach Erstes Gewachs Riesling (Rheingau): Peach, tropical fruit & enough booze to rock your T-Day turkey feast. #
- 07 Schloss Reinhartshausen Erbacher Marcobrunn Auslese (Rheingau): Drop dried apricots in a vat of local honey. Now, serve it in heaven. #
- 06 Josh Cellars Amber Knolls Cabernet Sauvignon (Red Hills, CA): An economical choice for lovers of big (aka Fruity + Oaky) CA Cab. #
- 07 Errazuriz Don Maximiano Single Viny'd Carmenere (Aconcagua Valley): A lush plum pie, but some of the bites have chunks of bell pepper… #
- 08 Big House Pink (CA): If it's a house, it's a house carved out of the patch by Strawberry Shortcake herself. Competent if unexciting rose. #
- 07 Josef Leitz Eins Zwei Dry Riesling (Rheingau): Great approachable, turkey-friendly, if a bit over-priced example of Rheingau goodness. #
- 05 Halter Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon (Paso Robles): Intense & extracted, this is tasty but the booze needs to be approached with caution. #
- 01 Rutherford Hill Merlot (Napa Valley): Waves of tar & game are gently pulling at the blackberry & cedar shore. Adult swim, baby! #
- 07 Santa Carolina Reserva de Familia Carmenere (Rapel Valley): Dark, fruity, & green-peppery. Mouthfeel outshines the nosefeel. Nosefeel? #
- 06 Mollydooker Enchanted Path (McLaren Vale): Has every red flavor you can think of, & it just might stand up to aging vs. the immense booze #
Powered by Twitter Tools
2 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2009-11-07”
The Mollydooker sounds fab with all those "red flavours".
Be careful, the abv on that wine is like port!
Comments are closed.