- 07 Davis Bynum Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): U might be able to approximate this by stuffing a croissant into a glass of grain alcohol. #
- 07 Davis Bynum Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Enormous ultra-concentrated offering. Red berry fruit is nice but is fighting for its life #
- 04 Heron Hill Eclipse Red (NY): Call it Bord'x Light. Will pair w/ quite a few dishes, but I expected a little more Cab Franc bang for the $ #
- 05 Da Vinci Chiani Classico: Tough vintage. Lacking some focus, but the black cherry, spice & Old World earthiness more than make up for it. #
- 08 Castell Silvaner Trocken (Franken): Fresh & clean as your Auntie's kitchen counter. Maybe too clean. Go for lighter foods with this guy. #
- 06 Castell Kugelspiel Silvaner (Franken): Someone spiced up a banana & stuck it in the flower garden! And it's pretty darn tasty! #
- 08 Castell Trautberg Silvaner / Traminer (Franken): Starts w/ an acid scream, rests on some lychee nuts, then heads of on the mineral trail. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
4 thoughts on “Weekly Twitter Wine Mini-Reviews Round-up for 2009-10-10”
Has anyone seen pardonthatvine.com It is the best video wine review site I have ever seen. I can't stop watching. Of course nothing is as good as this site!
Thanks, but at the rate that you're spamming my comments, maybe it should be called pardonthatspam.com…
Comments from people that don't actually contribute anything are so ugly! Aren't they embarassed?
The Trautburg Silvaner/Traminer sounds interesting, well they all do actually. When someone finds fault with a wine is when I really want to taste it. I love minerality in a wine.
Thanks for visiting our site too. Wanted to let you know we are putting up a long story on Rhone varietals (and soil) tomorrow.
Comments are closed.