Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 07 Halter Ranch Ancestor Estate Reserve (Paso Robles): Black cherry dominatrix brandishing dual whips; one leather & one licorice. $44 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Wagner Vineyards Riesling Dry (Finger Lakes): Citrus, pear, stone & tenacious drive to totally out-awesome its modest price point. $13 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Peter Lehmann Clancy’s Red (Barossa): Shiraz, Cab & Merlot puzzle pieces trying but just not quite all fitting together. $17 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 V. Sattui Black Sears Vineyard Zinfandel (Howell Mountain): Pepper, plums, power, passion & (alas) very small production. $42 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau Suduiraut (Sauternes): Packing lilting meringue finish that will stop sometime after the 2012 Bord’x grapes get harvested. $93 A >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau La Tour Blanche (Sauternes): Peach, apricot, toasted nuts & Godzilla levels of pure sugar (not to mention Wow factor). $65 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau Guiraud (Sauternes): Emphasizing the secondary action (coconut, yest, honey, vinyl), & to damn fine effect at that. $60 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau Doisy Daene (Barsac): Pack your toothbrush, ’cause you’re definitely gonna need it after this jaunt to central honey town. $50 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau De Fargues (Sauternes): Classic – nuts & honey meets citrus, yeast, & enough sugar to bury a small island nation. $165 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau Climens (Barsac): A lovely, soft-spoken, dancing ballerina that probably moonlights as a sexy, elegant ninja assassin. $115 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau Ormes De Pez (Saint-Estephe): Terse & tense, tart & supple, red & black, & not at all caring if you’re impressed (or not). $40 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Chateau De Pez (Saint-Estephe): Offering smoked meat that’s serious, as in 3-piece-suit-in-a-solemn-board-room-meeting serious. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Pepper Bridge Trine (Walla Walla): Complex but probably only meant for the 1 time every few yrs U have steak w/ a coffee reduction $60 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Lucien Albrecht Gewurztraminer Reserve (Alsace): High-jumping lychee & limes that land a bit awkwardly once they come back down. $19 B- >>find this wine>>
3 thoughts on “Monday Mini Wine Reviews Round-Up For February 20, 2012”
I'm part of those who can't say "No" when somebody suggest me a glass of wine! That's why I'm always glad to find websites which talk about tips, addresses or reviews. You definitively have to check this one: http://www.frenchcultureguide.com/category/wine/. You will find so much great information!
hey wine dude, you just got spammed!
Tru dat! :)
Comments are closed.