Just a quick update today to let you know that my latest article for the Napa Valley Wine Academy is available – Mastering Your Wine Misconceptions with Master the World’s Blind Tasting Kit.
That rather self-explanatory title somewhat belies the article’s deeper dive into my experience with the Master the World Blind Tasting Kit, developed by Master Sommelier Evan Goldstein and Limeng Stroh (of Full Circle Wine Solutions). I received that particular kit as a sample, with the wines’ identities being revealed during a live video session with the Master Somms behind the selection and sensory evaluations of the wines.
Blind tasting is always a humbling and eye-opening (ha ha!) experience, and in this case I learned quite a bit even at this somewhat-jaded stage of my professional wine business tenure. I don’t want to spoil the goods here, so to find out more about MTW’s M.O., the details behind their offerings, and how (poorly) I performed in guessing what I was drinking, have a read at the NVWA website!
The wines tasted in my kit:
- Marco Felluga Montgris Collio Pinot Grigio 2018
- Anselmo Mendes Alvarinho Contacto 2018
- Laurenz V. Singing Gruner Veltliner 2018
- Walla Walla Vintners Columbia Valley Cabernet Franc 2016
- E. Guigal Crozes-Hermitage 2016
- Trig Point Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2017