So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 07 Quinta do Vallado Reserva Red (Douro): If sometimes lovemaking gets a bit rough, that doesn't mean it still isn't really good. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Continuum (Napa Valley): Might be a little groggy now, but still very clearly one of the big, big cats of the red blend jungle. $170 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Royal Tokaji Furmint (Tokaji): The "ABC" crowd need venture no farther than this rich, indulgent & surprisingly perky little number $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 d'Arenberg The Money Spider Roussanne (McLaren Vale): Pretty much worth every one of the pennies the lucky spiders might bring U. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Villa San-Juliette Reserve Albarino (Edna Valley): Juggling tropical fruits in an entertaining – if not energetic – performance. $26 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Daou Unbound Red (Paso Robles): Gritting leather, dried cherries, sweet plums and cut flowers between its tightly clenched teeth. $46 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Daou Reserve Seventeen Forty Red (Paso Robles): Lithe, rich & deep, but careful of that tobacco smoke it's blowing in your face. $56 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Daou Soul Of A Lion (Paso Robles): A young, plummy, dust-covered & complex beast that's *very* eager to get things started. $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Artesana Zinfandel Reserva (Uruguay): Brawny, big, but also bold & trustworthy; bring lots – and I mean *lots* – of steak, ok? $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional (Douro): Earthy, plummy, dusty, vibrant & oaky… for now; just wait until *it* says it's ready $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Quinta do Vallado Rosado (Douro): Rustic, thick-skinned red cherries that look tough but are teddy bear huggers on the inside. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Quinta da Lixa Terras do Minho Vinho Verde Branco (Vinho Verde): Like drinking bubbly grapefruit rind, only in a pleasant way. $11 B- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Mont Gravet Cotes de Gascogne (Cotes de Gascogne): This white is like Van Halen's "Summer Nights," only with a lot less hair. $11 B >>find this wine<<