Sign Up to get all the latest wine coolness delivered to your virtual doorstep. I've also got short, easily-digestible mini wine reviews and some educational, entertaining wine vids. If you're looking to up your wine tasting IQ, check out my book How to Taste Like a Wine Geek: A practical guide to tasting, enjoying, and learning about the world's greatest beverage. Cheers!
- 09 Maculan Moscato Dindarello (Veneto): Flowers & citrus are nice, but cloying banana-candy flavors do not a good vintage make. $18 C+ #
- 06 Hesperian Harry’s Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Go west young man, & find tannin chains long as the Alaskan pipeline. $60 A- #
- 09 Toquade Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): NZ passion fruit comes to Napa, with a French twist of lemon & herbs. In a word: Fantastic. $20 B+ #
- 08 Zilliken Butterfly Riesling (Mosel): Puts a white peach in your nose, a lemony zing in your step & only little dent in your wallet. $16 B #
- 08 Caduceus Sancha (Arizona): Dusty, brooding & dark-fruited proof that Tempranillo can, in fact, feel at home somewhere in the U.S. $59 B+ #
- 09 Arizona Stronghold Vineyards Nachise (Arizona): Fierce as its namesake. Dig the dusty, coffee notes but longing for more red fruit $19 B- #