So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Duboeuf Morgon Jean Descombes (Beaujolais): “He was gentle as a night wind… as no lover had been beeeeefooooooooreeeee……..” $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 93 Disznoko Tokaji Aszu 5 Puttonyos (Tokaj-Hegyalja): Do mortals deserve slices of heaven? Doesn’t mean we should turn them down… $200 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Grgich Hills Estate Grown Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Melon rock band, with shades of back-country lemony twang to their riffs. $42 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Three Sticks Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): 1st impressions would say burly; but 1st impressions aren’t always right. $56 A- >>find this wine<<
- 07 Ferrari Perle (Trento): Apple bread & awesomeness, with a take-no-prisoners attitude and a preference for not being disturbed yet. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Hearthstone Estate Roussanne (Paso Robles): Cream, toast, honeycomb cereal, melons; a time warp back to grade school breakfast! $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Faust Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): The devil is in the details, and thankfully there’s no shortage of details available here. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Maldonado Parr Vineyard Chardonnay (Sonoma County): There’s just enough lemony twang in this richly orchestrated performance. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Tommasi Amarone della Valpolicella Classico (Valpolicella): For those who take their coffee, tea, meat, disposition, & life dark. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Champagne Ayala Brut Rose Majeur (Champagne): Upscale brunch, in an upscale location, with a setting that’s refined & quiet. $70 A- >>find this wine<<