So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 08 Theo Minges Riesling Sekt Brut (Pfalz): Sekt lovers of the woooooorld…. unite and take ooooooooover…. hand it ooooooover….! $31 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Bonny Doon Le Cigare Volant Reserve (Santa Cruz): Taut, tasty, tightly wound, transparently authentic, and downright terrific. $79 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Rocca Sveva Amarone (Amarone Della Valpolicella): Sitting a bit timidly on the fence, not sure of where its allegiance should be. $60 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Prinz von Hessen Johannisberger Klaus Riesling Erstes Gewachs (Rheingau): Still steely – and energetic – after all these years. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 McPherson Cellars Les Copains Rose (Texas): Eating strawberries while enjoying cooling tropical breezes in the thick Summer heat. $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Frisson Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Quite beautifully stated, and in a manner that's refreshingly understated. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Stoller Family Estate Reserve Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Still chomping at the bit, a bit made of red berries, sweet spices & silk $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Stoller Family Estate Reserve Chardonnay (Dundee Hills): Peaches molding lovely modern art using earthenware pottery clay. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Penner-Ash Wine Cellars Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): All amped up ith the power and promises of youthfulness. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Prinz von Hessen Riesling Kabinett Royal (Rheingau): New World flirtatious on the outside, but inside? Steely as metal chains. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Montgras Quatro (Colchagua Valley): Starbuck's most alluring vanilla-chocolate-coffee concoctions have got nothing on this number. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vall Llach Porrera Via De Vila (Priorat): Denser than white dwarf stars but there's light in all that Carignan tart red brightness $65 A- >>find this wine<<