So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Selendi Artist's Series Red Blend (Aegean Region): A work of art splayed in spice, vibrancy, juiciness, & textured berry fruits. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Turasan Kalecik Karasi (Cappodocia): Overachiever that won't accept a No from you on its herbs, red currants, & no-nonsense grip. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Turasan Emir (Cappadocia): A tasty way to fake out your wine geek friends, who will swear they are drinking a nice Torrontes… $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vinkara Narince Reserve (Black Sea): Love child of zesty Pinot Grigio & creamy California Chardonnay, with a bit of extra bite. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Vinkara Narince (Black Sea): Perk up, people; here's some piquant pineapple preferring a pleasing palate of oily, and pithy purity. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Dry Creek Vineyard Heritage Zinfandel (Sonoma County): Not always showing its full hand, but never, ever displaying bad manners. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 M. Chapoutier Les Vignes de Bila-Haut Rose (Pays d'Oc): And then the pink grapefruit stopped laughing & began to get *serious*… $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Landmark Vineyards Overlook Chardonnay (Sonoma County): Apples, honey, marzipan, all generally square dancing well in time. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Foris Rogue Valley Riesling (Rogue Valley): Dependably, delightfully, delicately delicious; gives lots, generally asks for little $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Diochon Moulin-a-Vent Vieilles Vignes (Beaujolais): When strawberries get wild, delicious, inked up, & act like bad-asses. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<