So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Robert Mondav Winery Fume Blanc Reserve (Napa Valley): A mini – & successful – treatise on how oaked SB should be done in NV. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Bellingham Citrus Grove Chenin Blanc (Western Cape): Aptly named, and refreshingly simple, but dangerously easy to imbibe. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pepper Bridge Winery Trine (Walla Walla Valley): Sweet berry fruits and vanilla, cooking meat with paprika and talking smack. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine William Fever Fourchaume Chablis Premier Cru (Chablis Premier Cru): Dare I eat a peach? If they're this good then hell yes $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Quinta do Noval Cedro do Noval (Vinho Regional Duriense): Shaking its body, nice and sweet and sassy; King Julien would be proud. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 V. Sattui Winery Morisoli Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Action hero, victorious, covered in grit, & smoking a stogie. $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine William Fevre Les Clos Chablis Grand Cru (Chablis): Sometimes infatuation comes in the form of golden liquid, apparently. $100 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 Ponzi Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Nasal fireworks, in brilliant hues of peppers, spices, dried flowers, & brambly gumption. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Flora Springs Soliloquy Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (Oakville): Not afraid of flaunting a bit of its skin, or a bunch of its talent. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Flora Springs Merlot (Napa Valley): Think CA Merlot is down for the count? Here comes this spicy number to prove you way wrong. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<