So it’s not just you – I really have been popping up all over the place lately.
In what was an odd but fun (there’s a fitting life summary, actually…) stretch for me, I was interviewed several times over the past several days, twice for radio (on WBAL’s The Sipping Point and The Wine Crush with Laura Lawson – embedded below for your listening pleasure, if you consider me rambling about eating insects pleasurable, that is), and my Wined Down column starting running in earnest on Playboy.com.
So if you’re not already sick of me, I thought I’d share some of the video content I’ve been producing for the Wines.com blog.
I’ve had a lot of (odd) fun with that video material, the settings of which have had me interacting with winemakers, 100+ year old vines, and large mountain-dwelling mammals (that last one – understandably – didn’t make the cut for the Wines.com blog, but can still be viewed on their YouTube channel).
Anyway, while I’m dealing with the insane logistics of a rapid turn-around from Colorado to touring a large part of the wine regions spanning Australia (more on that one when I get a chance to poke my on-line head out from Down Undah!), here’s a run-down of the vids I’ve published for them so far, in the hopes that you’ll find some enjoyment out of them (and give me your feedback!):
- Talking balanced wines with Raj Parr (at IPOB in NYC)
- Nuanced wines with Ornellaia winemaker Alex Heinz (at NYC’s EarsNova)
- Merlot Set For A Comeback? With Twomey & Silver Oak Winemaker Daniel Baron (at Daniel’s home in Napa Valley)
- Wine As Argicultrue, Not Romanticized Farming (filmed while feeding alpacas – yes, really)
- What Goes Into A Wine’s Retail Price? (filmed in one of Lodi’s oldest & most historic vineyard sites)
- Does Social Media Work In Selling Wine? (with the legendary Cathy Corison in Napa)
- Does Red Wine Really Cause Headaches? (hint: almost certainly if you drink enough to get hungover)
- Natural Wine “Explained” In About 5 Minutes