Ladies, gents, geeks of legal drinking age within your respective countries… I’m happy to announce that the next guest on The Punch Down will be wine critic Antonio Galloni.
Galloni, of course, was formerly on the staff of the insanely-influential The Wine Advocate, and was widely thought to be the heir apparent to TWA founder Robert Parker, Jr. But all of that changed when Galloni left TWA earlier this year (with an ensuing un-served lawsuit from his former employer), and founded his own Internet-based wine publication, Vinous Media.
By reputation and work ethic – and by his long-standing association with TWA – Galloni is widely considered one of the most important and influential wine critics in the U.S.
Join us LIVE at 2PM ET next week, October 29th, for the interview!
Got a question you want us to field to Galloni? Of course you do, if you’re any self-respecting wine geek – so shout ‘em out!
TPD Episode 7 is now in the books! This episode features something like several thousand dollars worth of free social media consulting from our multi-member panel of guests:
- Meg Maker (award winning writer of Makers Table)
- David Honig (editor of PalatePress.com)
- Ryan Opaz (co-creator of Catavino.net)
- Rick Mulready (not in the wine biz but he sure knows his way around social media, and is the man behind the Inside Social Media Podcast).
Anyway, start watching to witness their smarties and social awesomeness!
The Punch Down Episode 7! A wine industry & social media roundtable!
Hopefully it will be somewhat organized chaos, but I expect, geeky, controversial and entertaining chaos nonetheless.
For Episode 7 of The Punch Down, we’ve invited four guests. NO, that’s not a typo; including my co-host Tara and I, there will be six people on video for TPD Episode 7!
Tara and I have wanted to do multi-guest format show for months, and for September we’re finally pulling the trigger on it. We’ve got four intelligent and opinionated guests that we’ll throw on the virtual grill to discuss how the wine world is/isn’t/should be / could be leveraging its social media efforts.
- Meg Maker (regularly winning writing awards over at Makers Table)
- David Honig (the irrepressible editor of PalatePress.com)
- Ryan Opaz (formerly of Minnesota, formerly of Spain, now of Portugal and co-creator of Catavino.net)
- And a wild card: Rick Mulready, who isn’t in the wine biz but knows his way around social media as the creator of the Inside Social Media Podcast.
I’ve got controversial, pointed, and edgy questions planned for all of them. I just hope this one doesn’t go twelve hours or something, because things are for sure gonna get lively during this little soirée next week. So now I finally get to pretend that I’m Bill Maher and ask questions to each guest that then get the rest of them all fired up and arguing in (mostly) friendly ways. Awwwwww yeeeeeahhhhhhh!
Join us LIVE on Tuesday September 17 at 1pm Eastern (10am Pacific, 6pm UK) for geekery!