So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Guastaferro Primum Riserva (Taurasi): Loudly pegging the acid, plums, spice, grip, and tobacco meters across the soundboard. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Cantine Astroni Colle Imperatrice Falanghina Campi Flegrei (Campania): Captivating in that staring-at-abstract-art kind of way. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cantine Astroni 'Strione' Falanghina (Campania): Rums, flowers, nuts, and lemon zest; those work better in glass than on paper. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Feudi di San Gregorio Studi Arianiello (Fiano di Avellino): Flinty, funky, & nutty; enjoy soonish, but enjoy it you certainly will $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Feudi di San Gregorio Serrocielo Sannio Falanghina (Campania): It's in the mood to make friends; you'll be in the mood to be one. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Bird In Hand Shiraz (Adelaide Hills): Eccentric at first, then lays on the pillow talk with in silky, sexy, irresistible tones. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Ferraton Pere & Fils Samorens Blanc (Cotes du Rhone): Tropical fruits, white flowers, & a sunny enough disposition to go suit them. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- NV Le Grand Courtage Grand Cuvee Blanc de Blancs Brut (France): Much more honeydew than Honey, don't; so get your picnic face on. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Cherry Ridge Vineyard Syrah (Russian River Valley): Bacon, big stogies, blackberries, a bit of electrical current $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ponzi Vineyards Tavola Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Bay leaf, cherries, and spicy red plums… well, you outta be satisfied. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<