So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Stinson Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Monticello): Virginia scores a vibrant goal, proudly displaying the grass stains of its victory $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Lieb cellars Reserve Cabernet Franc (North Fork of Long Island): Such a dark, earthy, peppery – but a shade too woody – delight. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Barton & Guestier Thomas Barton Reserve Saint-Emilion (Saint-Emilion): Probably should be wearing a sign reading Robust Or Bust. $21 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Parducci True Grit Reserve Chardonnay (Mendocino County): Nothing gritty about this spicy, fruity, creamy, & floral crowd-pleaser. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Howell Mountain Vineyards Beatty Ranch Zinfandel (Howell Mountain): Doesn't mean to be this hedonistic; ok, actually, yes it does. $55 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 J. McClelland Charbono (Napa Valley): Like the revitalized Dr. Who, this is a pure revenge of the nerds at its most compelling. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 EOS Estate Tears of Dew Late Harvest Moscato (Paso Robles): Paso goes all apricot sweetness on us, and we end up liking it. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Kramer Vineyards Celebrate Muller-Thurgau (Yamhill-Carlton District): Well there's a paaaarty goin' on riiiiiiight heeeeere… $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Paul Dolan Vineyards Pinot Noir (Mendocino County): Might not peg the meter on complexity, but authenticity carries the day here. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Grandes Vinos y Vinedos Monasterio de las Vinas Gran Reserva (Carinena): This fresh stuff is *how* old? Could have fooled me, bro. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<