So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Bruno Giacosa Dolcetto D'Alba (Dolcetto D'Alba): Speaking in thick Italian accent, explaining how berry jam's supposed to be made. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bruno Giacosa Roero Arneis (Roero): In short, the rocks rock with totally rocking rockstar rockability. Not sure for how long tho. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaines Schlumberger Pinot Blanc Les Princes Abbes (Alsace): Well, how about them apples? All of the richness & none of the fat! $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Klipfel Riesling Cuvee Particuliere (Alsace): For some, the past is a particularly fruity but strange – & very astringent – place. $14 B- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Emeritus William Wesley Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Capable of winning an arm wrestling match, but would rather give you a backrub. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Miraval Rose (Cotes de Provence): Like Brangelina, there's a serious streak under its entertaining, easy-on-the-senses flamboyance $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Monteverro Tinata (Maremma): Mostly claws, sinew & roars now, time ought to get it rolling over, purring & looking for a tummy rub $95 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Monteverro Terra di Monteverro (Maremma): Putting the super in Super Tuscan, & a Super Tuscan into your hoity toity supper action. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Monteverro Toscana (Maremma): Grit, grip, & a ton of dried herbs that won't quit; patience might be rewarded with smoother edges. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Monteverro Chardonnay (Maremma): Big, brash, but also beautiful; a lot of volume, no doubt, but not without its compelling dialog. $85 A- >>find this wine<<