So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Blackbird Vineyards Arise Proprietary Red (Napa Valley): Ohhhhh…. I like herbs and blackberries…. I like toast and jam…. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Rodney Strong Rockaway Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): Smokey club, dark shadows, hot jazz, strong drinks, sultry evening. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Terlato Vineyards Devil's Peak Red (Napa Valley): Overall looking good but it's too late to hit the treadmill & shed that midriff $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Michael Mondavi Family Emblem Oso Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Smoooooth operataaaahhhh… Smoooooooth operatahhhhh. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Isabel Mondavi Chardonnay (Carneros): Tasteful tale with a long, elegant ending, longer than the admission price would suggest. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hourglass Blueline Estate Cabernet Franc (Napa Valley): Not all the characters will make it out of this darkly complex tale alive. $135 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Hourglass Estate Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Encapsulating all that's right about NV SB, jettisoning everything that ain't. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hourglass Blueline Estate Malbec (Napa Valley): Big, but not letting go of its tastefully dusty, mineral, or tangy prettiness. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hourglass Blueline Estate Merlot (Napa Valley): Molding itself out of earthy clay with gorgeous, iron-like and plummy intensity. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Rodney Strong Alexander's Crown Cabernet Sauvignon (Alexander Valley): The crown is a heavy one, & laden with dark fruited jewels. $75 A- >>find this wine<<