So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Fulcrum On Point Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): The point, apparently, is to – successfully – showcase SC’s beefier side. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Sol Rouge Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Classically classy, jauntily juicy, freshlly fruity, excpectedly expensive $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Sol Rouge Gypsy Blanc (Lake County): Not shooting blanks; it’s actually well-armed with powerfully vibrant bruised yellow apples. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Sol Rouge Cabernet Franc (Lake County): Plummy, dark fruit that is spicing it up right, and looking for a night out at Fogo de Chao. $32 >>find this wine<<
- 13 Rocca Sveva Cantina di Soave Classico (Soave Classico): Brought to you by the letter ‘A’ – All Apples, Almonds, And Appealing. $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Larry Cherubino Ad Lib Hen & Chicken Chardonnay (Pemberton): Young & old, green & ripe, pithy & juicy, getting both lips smacking. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Larry Cherubino Cherubino Cabernet Sauvignon (Margaret River): Like it’s Figaro namesake, might have you dabbling in infatuation. $54 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 The Federalist Zinfandel (Lodi): Woody like George’s fabled fake teeth, but balanced enough to get a reasonable party started. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Woodward Canyon Washington State Chardonnay (Washington): Elegantly sings & raps over strong beats, drops the mic, & struts away. $44 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Sokol Blosser Muller-Thurgau (Willamette Valley): Well, now, that’s just *peachy*. And probably really great with spicy take-out. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<