So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Tommasi Valpolicella Ripasso (Valpolicella Classico Superiore): Think of this as perkiness, with an extra bit of muscular oomph. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Tommasi Rafael Valpolicella Classico Superiore (Veneto): Just peppery-red-fruity-perky-pizza-sauce-friendly deliciousness. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Chateau Saint-Maur Cotes de Provence Cru Classe Rose (Cotes de Provence): Hip to the rose hip, the citrus, & being a little fleshy $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Loew Riesling Muschelkalck (Alsace): Grapefruit, tangerine, orangle peel, herbs, flint, & all of the fat totally trimmed. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Famille Hugel Estate Riesling (Alsace): You're ok with some flint and mint, right? Because if not, I'm totally having yours, bro. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Meyer-Fonne Riesling Reserve (Alsace): Fragrant, flinty, fruity, and rather openly flirtatious; which, of course, isn't a problem. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut Rose (California): Sexy enough to turn heads; expect an open bottle to empty far, far too quickly. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut (California): A reasonably-priced way to get a more than reasonable amount of brioche into your glass. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Broccatelli Galli Antigniano Montefalco Sagrantino (Montefalco): Thickly tight as the bramble that its scent so readily invokes. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Martin Ray Dark Star Hill Pinot Noir (Green Valley of Russian River Valley): Dark, & a star, though it needs time to show it. $55 A- >>find this wine<<