So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 16 Batan De Salas De Beroz Essencia de Gewurztraminer (Somontano): Flowers, apples, toast, texture, & a serious streak of seriousness $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Fields Family Lodi Native Stampede Vineyard Zinfandel (Clements Hills): Grip, grit & gumption; lay it down, & thank me later… $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Mt. Beautiful Chardonnay (North Canterbury): Crisp? Check. Racy? Check. Mineral? Check. Wait a minute, this isn't from Chablis? $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Donnafugata Sedara (Sicily): Nero blend that gets to kick its work shoes off, lean back in the recliner, and take a load off. $16 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Donnafugata Mille e una Notte (Sicily): You'll wish that you had 1001 bottles after draining one of these; Nero d'Avola for lovers. $80 A >>find this wine<<
- 15 Gini La Frosca Soave Classico (Veneto): Trying to think of a reason not to buy this wonder by the case; sorry, coming up blank… $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alessandro Rivetto Barolo del Comune di Serralunga d'Alba (Piedmont): Perky, energetic, & one of the more easy-going of the big Bs $48 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Heinrich Spindler Musenhang Riesling Erste Lage (Pfalz): Stones and limes in its shoes, making its footing sturdy & step lively. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Durant Vineyards at Red Ridge La Paloma Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): A funky dance attempt that stumbles a bit in finding the groove $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Gloria Ferrer Anniversary Cuvee (Carneros): Textures that are richly constructed, interwoven, & layered; so, basically, a delight. $40 A- >>find this wine<<