So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 05 Resalte de Penafiel Crianza (Ribera del Duero): Like the overly affectionate couple on the subway, it acts a bit too hot & heavy. $37 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Garciarevalo Tres Olmos Verdejo (Rueda): I saw them at a club called The Electric Banana; don’t look for it, it’s not there anymore $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 XIX Cabernet Sauvignon By Keyshawn Johnson (Columbia Valley): Starting off the red wine season with flair… & a winning streak. $125 A- >>find this wine<<
- 06 Mumm Napa Santana Supernatural Rose (Napa Valley): Lazer light show that’s *almost* as complex as a shredding Santana guitar solo. $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Stinson Vineyards Meritage (Virginia): Can someone please get that noisy oak out of my ear so I can focus on the lovely stuff here? $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Stinson Vineyards Chardonnay (Monticello): Norfolk doesn’t see this much saline, or this many flowers and minerals, either. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Ken Forrester Petit Chenin Blanc (Western Cape): There will be nothing petite about how much of this your friends will guzzle. $11 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Cameron Hughes Lot 299 Reserve Syrah (Minervois): Sultry, mineral, fruity & just a little too hot under the collar to keep its cool $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Cameron Hughes Lot 293 Chablis (Chablis): The mid-palate’s gone missing, but there’s no mystery when it comes to that lovely nose. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Cameron Hughes Lot 296 Crozes-Hermitage (Crozes-Hermitage): Pepper, poise, persistence, purity, & just the right amount of power. $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Hughes Wellman Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Like going on a date with an 85-dollar Cab, but you’ve got a discount coupon. $55 A- >>find this wine<<