So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Swiftwater Cellars Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Looking for an excuse to use the phrase 'high-toned?' Well, now you've got one! $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Westrey Wine Co Oracle Vineyard Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Unfolding very slowly & deliberately in its crazy levels of freshness. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Domaine Drouhin Oregon Dundee Hills Pinot Noir (Dundee Hills): Comes off soft & understated, but has intensity in its spicy soul. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chehalem Reserve Pinot Noir (Ribbon Ridge): Juicy & focused, leading you on trails lined with tart red berries, pith & fresh herbs $66 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Villa Maria Estate Taylors Pass Vineyard Pinot Noir (Marlborough): More tea than a Tetley plant, if those had dark berry orchards. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Marchand-Tawse Gevrey-Chambertin (Gevrey-Chambertin): Acerbic & tough to know, but pretty to admire once you get past the defenses $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Domaine Dublere Pitures Premier Cru Volney (Volnay): Less sexy than typical Volnay, & more reserved, but equally apt at the table. $50 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Maison Ambroise en Rue de Chaux Nuits-Saint-Georges (Nuits-Saint-Georges): A lovely lightness of being, just maybe a tad too light $65 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Patz & Hall Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): If it's heft you want, heft – & mid-palate spice – you shall receive! $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Navarro Vineyards Deep End Blend Pinot Noir (Anderson Valley): The blend is, for sure, deep; and so are the fresh, brambly fruits. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Donum Estate Carneros Pinot Noir (Carneros): Carneros flexing its more muscular side, and posing with focused, terse intensity. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Byron Monument Pinot Noir (Santa Maria Valley): Sometimes oak is not the spawn of Satan; here's 750 ml of powerful, balanced proof $60 A- >>find this wine<<