So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Cecchi Coevo (Toscana): A delicious, delicate, and doggedly determined take on the Super Tuscan vibe, which needs juice like this $100 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Troon Estate Tannat (Applegate Valley): It's only a short trip from Oregon to Uruguay, if traveling via this smoky, tangy ride. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Susana Balbo Signature Cabernet Sauvignon (Mendoza): Lip-smacking tanginess & dark richness, all in search of dry-rubbed ribs. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Gustave Lorentz Gewurztraminer Reserve (Alsace): Ginger spiced seriousness underscoring the exotic tropical fruit sweet talk. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gustave Lorentz Pinot Gris Reserve (Alsace): Go ahead, through basically anything except grilled steak at it, it won't even blink. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Quinta de la Rosa Dourosa White (Douro): Citrus, nuts, and rocks; and it also rocks in the superlative quality-price-ratio sense. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Quinta de la Rosa Tonel 12 10 Year Tawny Port (Porto): For being Tawny, this one wants to get uncharacteristically fresh with you $38 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Quinta de la Rosa Late Bottled Vintage Port (Porto): Big, dense, and spicy. But very delicious things can come in big packages. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Quinta de la Rosa Tawny Port (Porto): Expect the unexpected; in this case, drier style, fruitier expression, & nutty complexity. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Quinta de la Rosa Estate Red (Douro): What do you call something this brambly, wild, lively, & poised for this price? "A Triumph." $20 A- >>find this wine<<