So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Willamette Valley Vineyards Riesling (Willamette Valley): Well, well, well! Aren't *you* growing up all dapper & nice & stuff! $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Folonari Chianti (Chianti): Long on chewy tastiness, short on everything else, but also sporting pleasant dinner table manners. $8 B- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cornerstone Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Richly textured, richly ripe, richly tendered, and richly rewarding. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Peju Province Winery Persephone Vineyard Petit Verdot (Napa Valley): Reminds one of spicy beef jerky, with tannins almost as chewy $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Stoller Family Estate Dundee Hills Chardonnay (Dundee Hills): Goin' to the countryyyyy, gonna eat me a lot of peeeeeachesssss… $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Il Poggione Brancato Rosato (Toscana): Yeah, well, you can just take your strawberries &… uh… give me a whole lot more of them $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sol Rouge Red Hills Syrah (Lake County): Juicy black fruits, right off the tree, then followed up with a spicy Slim Jim chaser. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Picayune Sauvignon Blanc (Sonoma County, Napa County): From lemons to melons and back again, hardly missing a step or a beat. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Picayune Padlock Red (Napa Valley): Those are some seriously energetic, upbeat, funky-ass moves gettin' laid down right there. $29 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Picayune Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Lithe, lovely, light as a feather; now please bring me duck salad before I scream $29 B+ >>find this wine<<