So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Donnafugata Lighea Zibibbo (Sicilia): Remember when Italian Muscat was as refreshing as fresh cut flowers? Seems these guys do. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Donnafugata Sedara (Sicilia): The Force – as in the force of the dried herbs & tangy red fruit – is certainly strong with this one. $17 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Boutari Moschofilero (Mantinia): Floral & brighter than a lit sparkler on a dark Summer night; careful, everything's dialed up here $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 05 Manuel Manzaneque Nuestra Seleccion (Castilla-La Mancha): Spent all day in the woods, now dragging tobacco in house on its boots. $25 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Uvaggio Vermentino (Lodi): Tropical, fresh, nutty & totally willing to hang out after everyone else couldn't hang at the party. $14 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hermann J. Wiemer Dry Riesling (Finger Lakes): Oh hey, I didn't notice you at first with that cool, angular, tropical-fruit hairdo $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Koenig Vineyards Riesling Ice Wine (Snake River Valley): Lemon drop bite, & smooth touch that just makes it damn hard to put down. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 08 Tierce Riesling (Finger Lakes): Limes, awesomeness, & about as fantastic an intro to FLX's specialness as you can get right now. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Elyse Le Corbeau Hudson Vineyard Red (Los Carneros): Her style's a bit ripe, but she looks so good in that outfit, you won't care. $37 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Elyse C'est Si Bon Naggiar Vineyard Red (Sierra Foothills): Dangerously easy to imbibe but you'd better like it on the herbal side $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Elyse L'Ingenue Naggiar Vineyard White (Sierra Foothills): This "naive girl" actually has one hell of a rich, fruity right hook. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 De Toren Z (Stellenbosch): Picture some Right Bank Bordeaux, with a funky dance step and a heaping helping of chewing tobacco. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Silkbush Viognier (Western Cape): Overachieving & lip-smacking infusion of citrus, melon, vivacity, hope & all-around good cheer. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<