So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Trisaetum Ribbon Ridge Estate Riesling (Ribbon Ridge): It's wines like this that give the word "lovely" an even better name. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Castello di Gabbiano Chianti Classico Riserva (Chianti Classico Riserva): A teen, promising but sleeping heavily during puberty. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Castello di Gabbiano Bellezza (Chianti Classico): Too much wood, not enough cherries, but more than enough pleasing refreshment. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Arnaldo-Caprai Montefalco Rosso (Umbria): Sweet fruit, flowers & promises up front; but it's all untanned leather on the behind. $22 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Robert Oatley Signature Series Chardonnay (Margaret River): Signed with authority, & deftly schooling Chards twice as pricey. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 I'M Wines Isabel Mondavi Estate Pinot Noir (Carneros): Flaunting the richer side of Carneros, but it's remaining pretty about it. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Siduri Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): Happy with its interesting contradictions; rich, lovely, & feral. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Nicolas Feuillatte D'Luscious Demi-Sec Rose (Champagne): Champers, living on the ripe, chewy berry side, baring skins and all. $45 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Donnafugata Anthilia Bianco (Sicily): Refreshing as a summer breeze, but with the ability to engender slightly more happiness. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chehalem Three Vineyard Riesling (Willamette Valley): It feels pithy, oh so pithy… it also feels complex, refreshing & textured. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Becklyn Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Showing the growing pains of youth, but also the promise of a fine pedigree. $60 A- >>find this wine<<