So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Wakefield Promised Land Shiraz Cabernet (South Australia): The promise is less paradise, and more perky, tasty everyday sipping. $13 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs (North Coast): At once flamboyantly loud & yet tastefully poised about why it's being so talkative. $39 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut (California): For your pleasure, appetizers of apple slices & toasted almond bread are now being served $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Willamette Valley Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Likes itself. Likes you. And is very, very happy to be here. $30 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sostener Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): Fan of juicy, meaty Pinot action? Fan of decent bargains? Why didn't U buy this yet? $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Quinta de Foz de Arouce Tinto (Vinho Regional Beiras): Baggin' the Baga, toutin' the Touriga, & over-deliverin' on the fruitiness. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Donnafugata Lighea Zibibbo (Sicily): Hellooooo, wooooorld, hear the song that we're singin'… C'mon get haaaaaaaaaaaaaaappyyyyy! $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dry Creek Vineyard Wilson Ranch Dry Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg): By any other grape name, it'd probably be around 22 bucks instead. $12 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Giesen Pinot Gris (Marlborough): Bring on the flowers, bring on the blankets, bring on the picnic baskets, bring on the hoagies! $14 B >>find this wine<<
- 13 Priest Ranch Somerston Estate Grenache Blanc (Napa Valley): Bless you, in the name of the honeydew, the honeysuckle, & the apple. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<