So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 77 H.M Borges Bual Vintage Madeira (Madeira): Whiskey shots and stogie puffs; and you'd better like them big, bold, and bombastic. $265 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Roco Gravel Road Pinot Noir (Oregon): Pacific NW earthy charm, dressed up in fairly dark fruit, and very dark toasty-wood spices.$30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Tommasi Prosecco Tenuta Filodora (Prosecco): A surprise; like, a Playboy Playmate jumping out of your fake birthday cake surprise. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Elyse Winery Howell Mountain Zinfandel (Napa Valley): Perky, peppery, persistent;and while not profound, it is proudly delicious. $33 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Ernest The Farmer Green Valley Ranch Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): What he's farming are white flowers & some damned fresh lemons. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Albert Mann Riesling Grand Cru Furstentum (Alsace): Jasmine, honey, blood orange peel, slate, dancing, then dropping the mics. $41 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Josmeyer Riesling Grand Cru Brand (Alsace): A young, egg-from-an-endagered-species kind of white. Handle gingerly, & patiently. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Paul Blanck Schlossberg Riesling Grand Cru (Alsace): Even at this price tag, almost a bargain of a flinty, exotic-fruited wonder. $33 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Roger Lassarat Saint-Veran Cuvee Plaisir (Maconnais): Well, now! My goodness! Aren't you just the perkiest little thing! $18 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Alcance Vigno Old Vines Carignan (Maule Valley): Maybe a touch too modern of a coating, but that core is deliciously authentic. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<