So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Chateau Ste. Michelle Cold Creek Vineyard Riesling (Columbia Valley): Child of the 80s, but sporting overachieving Flower Power. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Owen Roe Willow Vineyard 1973 Block Cabernet Sauvignon (Yakima Valley): Pulling its high-end leather vest in tight right now. $72 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Walla Walla Vintners Sagemoor Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): Like 'em woody? Chop away at this powerhouse, then. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Barrister Bacchus Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): Has a lean approach, & most confidently knows where it's going. $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Sleight of Hand Cellars Funkadelic Syrah (Walla Walla Valley): Savory, supple, silky, spicy and, yes, alright, also kinda funky. $65 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Sleight of Hand Cellars Leviathan Syrah (Columbia Valley): Do we need 1 more example why Syrah is WA's best grape? Apparently yes. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sleight of Hand Cellars The Conjurer Red (Columbia Valley): Peppery, plummy, pure, & pleasurable as a well-executed magic trick. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Sleight of Hand Cellars Enchantress Chardonnay (Yakima Valley): Not slighting whatsoever on the melons & creamy lemon curd action. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Lavau Tavel Rose (Tavel): How much can you squat? Because these cherries and raspberries can squat some serious weights, bro. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Vina Valoria Tinto Crianza (Rioja): That's one long, gritty, leathery, and grippy ride; for god's sake, someone bring the jamon! $19 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Bellingham The Bernard Series Small Barrel S.M.V. (Coastal Region): Imagine the film "Their Will Be Blood" only in bottled form. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<