So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Pali Wine Co. Huntington Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County): Spiciness & vibrancy in white-dwarf-star-like concentrated density. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pali Wine Co. Riviera Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Slinging gunpowder, and the buckshot is made of raspberry licorice and leather. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 J Vineyards Pinot Gris (California): Fun, as in "Tito Puente juggling melons while banging out an uptempo drum solo" kind of fun. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 10 Montes Purple Angel (Colchagua): Behind that spicy oak shield beats a brave, lively heart full of the blood of Colchagua itself. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 John Duval Wines Plexus MRV (Barossa): Dresses almost embarrassingly funky, but ready to unleash an energetic, stylish performance $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Loveblock Pinot Gris (Marlborough): Yellow flowers & melons in their entirety; stems, greens, fruit and, probably, souls, too. $24 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Kim Crawford Pinot Noir (Marlborough): Satisfies the vibrant Pinot itch, but all that acid scratching might leave a bit of a scar. $18 B >>find this wine<<
- 04 Coppo Riserva della Famiglia Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza (Barbera d'Asti): Bring it sacrifices of meat; and make them robust! $150 A- >>find this wine<<
- 06 Coppo Riserva della Famiglia Chardonnay (Piemonte): Approaches softly but it's nutty, flinty, creamy & powerful enough to end you $120 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Santa Rita Reserve Sauvignon Blanc (Casablanca): Seasons don't feeeeear the veggies, nor do the wind, the sun or the raaaaaain… $12 B >>find this wine<<
- 07 Santa Rita Triple C (Maipo Valley): Has already beat you at arm wrestling & stolen your gal, just by *looking* at you sternly. $40 A- >>find this wine<<
- 05 Santa Rita Medalla Real Cabernet Sauvignon (Maipo Valley): Don't like me? Well, that's just too goddamn bad for you, little fella. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Santa Rita Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Maipo Valley): The way is vibrant & dark, but is also strewn with a lot of green pepper. $11 B- >>find this wine<<