So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 11 Firriato Harmonium Nero d'Avola (Sicily): Aptly named, considering how well those normally wild tannins have been domesticated. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Firriato L'Ecru Passito Bianco (Sicily): Sultanas & orange tea are the calling cards of this very sweet & very likable company. $37 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cottanera Etna Rosso Riserva (Sicily): A smoky, spicy, grippy mystery right now, but certainly worth the plot twists to the reveal $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cottanera Etna Bianco (Sicily): Pears, wrapped in citrus peel and garnished with stones, with the whole thing dipped in sea water. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Barone di Villagrande Etna Bianco Superiore (Etna): Almost laughably young, seriously citric, and most seriously under-priced. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Casa del Feudo Barone Beneventano Del Bosco Chardonnay Inzolia (Sicily): Lemons & peaches, with blossoms, & every drop of acid. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Casa del Feudo Barone Beneventano Del Bosco Chardonnay (Sicily): Fresh flowers, fresh apples, fresh rain on stones, & all aplenty. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Azienda Agricola Tornatore Etna Rosso (Etna): Cherries, leather, spice, and value; bring your gourmet burgers & the fixings. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Menti Giovanni Roncaie sui lieviti (Gambellara): Now people gather round! Now people jump around! Getcho freak on!…… Go! $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Menti Giovanni Paiele (Gambellara): A veritable river of citrus; not wide, certainly, but in spots it's actually pretty deep. $12 B >>find this wine<<