So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Kim Crawford Small Parcels Favourite Homestead Pinot Gris (Marlborough): Their favorite is quite a compelling house white pour. $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Alexander Valley Vineyards Cyrus Red (Sonoma County): Ok, now this is what I call doing right by a namesake. Huzzah! Huzzah! $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Per Cazo Cellars Chenin Blanc (Paso Robles): Heady perfume gingerly spritzed onto peaches and chalk, with enviable results. $27 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Vina Robles Suendero Red (Paso Robles): Brooding, brambly, big, but ultimately balanced & bountiful with basically everything. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Minassian-Young Vineyards Old Oak Zinfandel (Paso Robles): Dark Lord of the Sith levels of depth, power, & personality complexity. $28 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Dutton Goldfield Dutton Ranch Gewurztraminer (Green Valley of Russian River Valley): A charming white for you charming lushes! $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Kruger-Rumpf Riesling Trocken (Nahe): Well, *that* is one biiiiiig bushel of fresh fresh fruits for a small-ish bushel of cash. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 La Jota Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): The view from this lofty spot is simply, obviously, totally breathtaking $75 A >>find this wine<<
- 13 Martin Ray Synthesis Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): The parts are coming together to make a compelling, modernly-styled whole. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Joseph Drouhin Saint-Veran (Maconnais): Like picking fresh peaches, slightly under-ripe and with some of the blossoms still intact. $19 B >>find this wine<<