So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Arnaldo-Caprai Montefalco Rosso (Umbria): A juicy balancing act on display here, between richness and lithe, angular structure. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Caiarossa Pergolaia (Toscana): The funk hath assumed control, and it doesn't plan on relinquishing it any time soon. Or, ever. $25 B- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Longoria Wines Chardonnay Cuvee Diana (Sta. Rita Hills): Vibrancy and saltiness are in charge, herding up ample amounts of cream. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Longoria Wines Fe Ciega Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills): So bright of character, that it's difficult not to be charmed. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Martin Ray Bald Mountain Vineyard Chardonnay (Santa Cruz Mountains): A night on this bare mountain would do most Chard lovers good $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Martin Ray Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Roses are taking root in the potting soil, with yummy results. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Chateau Montelena Potter Valley Riesling (Mendocino County): Grapefruit, fig, stone; there just isn't anything here to dislike. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Grgich Hills Estate Fume Blanc (Napa Valley): Lemongrass, advancing on your mouth's position with refreshing, aggressive speed. $31 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Gary Farrell Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Much wisdom here, but it won't share much of it for another 6 years. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs (North Coast): Burying you in heaps of tangy deliciousness, like a beach-goer settling into cozy sands. $41 A- >>find this wine<<