So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Donnafugata Sedara (Sicilia): Sprinkled with dried herbs, & asking you if anybody's interested in picking up some BBQ chicken pizza $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Fritz Reserve Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Crafted, for sure, but done so without at all feeling created, or manipulated. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Fritz Russian River Valley Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Walking a fine line between lithe & floral, and creamy & juicy. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Vino Valpredo Wine Company Chardonnay (Sonoma County): Pleasingly pithy, lip-smackingly tasty, and lip-puckeringly energetic. $NA B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Jenner Sonoma Coast Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): Maybe schizophrenic, but its split creamy/vibrant personality is a crowd-pleaser. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cadaretta Springboard Red (Columbia Valley): Bright plum candles, all dripping ripe juice wax onto their cedar and spice handles. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Cadaretta Cabernet Sauvignon (Columbia Valley): The fruits are sweet, dark & handsome, and they're skilled at grilling meat, too. $40 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Cadaretta SBS Sauvignon Blanc Semillon (Columbia Valley): Lean, green, and not at all mean; tropical fruits, on a racy steak. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Renegade Wine Co Rose (Columbia Valley): Now here's a set of pithy red berry goodness that's operating well above its pay grade. $12 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Pepper Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon (Walla Walla Valley): Only now just emerging from its dusty, brooding, dark-fruited slumber. $56 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Amavi Cellars Semillon (Walla Walla Valley): Big, yeah, it's big; but it's also nearly weightless in its clean, crystal clarity. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<