So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Scacciadiavoli Montefalco Bianco (Umbria): Not technically a bargain, but a big amount of bright, bouncy bianco bang for the buck. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Scacciadiavoli Montefalco Rosso (Umbria): Chewy in all of the right ways, particularly if al dente pasta & tomatoes are on deck. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Giesen The Brothers Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): It ain't heavy; well, unless you count the volume of citrus, nettle & verve. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 Anaba Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): The bigger side of the Coast; and also the delightful, delicious, decidedly drinkable side. $36 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Anne Amie Vineyards Winemaker's Selection Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Earthy, juicy, supple, and oh-so-dangerously drinkable. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Joseph Drouhin Pouilly-Vinzelles (Maconnais): So, this is apparently when the lemons all decided to get really, really sexy. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Joseph Drouhin Vaudon Chablis (Chablis): Apples, stones, peaches, paired with zing, zest, & texture that's both rough & artistic. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Coppo Pomorosso (Barbera d'Asti): Enticing rawhide conjuring Bowie lyrics, like singing falsetto 'bout leather, leather everywhere $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Casal Thaulero Orsetto Oro Pecorino (Terre di Chieti): Familiar, exotic, delightful, delicious; if only Summer could last longer. $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Middleton Family Inconceivable Wines Terremoto '68 Rosso (Sicily): Go ahead, spring these Sicilian grapes on your Zin-loving buds. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<