So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Chamisal Vineyards Califa Chardonnay (Edna Valley): Whoever told you that big CA Chard was dead was lying through their teeth. $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Lasseter Family Winery Voila (Sonoma Valley): And, well, just like that, you’re staring at an empty bottle of this succulent white $46 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Monticello Vineyards Corley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Aromatically, prepare to be thoroughly and totally swooned. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Mt. Brave Mt. Veeder Merlot (Napa Valley): Just the right amounts of just about everything; worth the short-term hit to your wallet $75 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Amici Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): A little slice of Bordelais heaven with a Northern CA tan and a laid-back attitude $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Addendum Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Deep, big, silky, and delicious, though it wants to leave the party early. $90 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Addendum Napa Valley Skellenger Lane Cabernet Sauvignon (Rutherford): Brushing off the dust to reveal silk, leather, & sexiness. $95 A- >>find this wine<<
- NV Prosper Maufoux Cremant de Bourgogne Brut (Burgundy): Apples, apples, apples, apples; sometimes you don’t really need anything else $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 09 Dopff & Irion Grand Cru Vorbourg Pinot Gris (Alsace): Sure there are some wrinkles, but youth is far from the only form of beauty $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Macchialupa Beneventano Falanghina (Campania): Pairs well with your porch, pool, hammock, or back deck on warmer nights… $22 B >>find this wine<<