So, like what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Bodega Tacuil Vinas de Davalos (Salta): A porterhouse with fresh berry compote reduction & herbs; to be served in about 7 years. $100 A- >>find it at snooth<<
- 06 Three Sticks Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma Valley): Like polishing off the whole box of chocolate-covered licorice all by yourself. $65 B+ >>find it at snooth<<
- 07 Hasta Que Se Agoten Xikbal Baja Cabernet Sauvignon (Guadalupe Valley): A blocky, oaky gait, but plenty of plummy & herbal promise. $38 B >>find it at snooth<<
- 10 Zenato San Benedetto Lugana (Lugana): Well helloooooo there, big stone fruits & honey; now, I am going to dreeeeeink you! $14 B >>find it at snooth<<
- 10 Mirror Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc (Napa Valley): Textural & robust, it skips the herb garden for low-hanging, ripe tropical fruit. $24 B >>find it at snooth<<
- 08 Mirror Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Rich, chocolaty, dense and airing it out down-field in big steakhouse style. $75 B+ >>find it at snooth<<
- NV Grahams 10 Year Tawny Port (Porto): Grab the monocle, light the stogie for this burnt caramel, dried fig & toasted nut show. $34 B+ >>find it at snooth<<
- 11 Domaine Paul Blanck Riesling (Alsace): Imagine being shrunk to the size of a bug, eating lime & then breaking into a spice box. $19 B >>find it at snooth<<
- 09 Andrew Murray Vineyards Terra Bella Vineyard Syrah (Paso Robles): Bringing the badass Paso Robles rumble like a tricked-out Harley $36 B+ >>find it at snooth<<
- 10 Masut Vineyard and Winery Pinot Noir (Mendocino): Your new Pinot jam? Coffee, toast & red berry jam, *that’s* your new Pinot jam. $40 B+ >>find it at snooth<<
- 09 Tudal Family Winery Bacigalupi Vineyard Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Tea, raspberry scone & wild mushroom soup, all homemade $42 B+ >>find it at snooth<<
- 10 Ogier Heritages (Cotes du Rhone): Verve, and heat, & the oak’s a touch sweet; but then, so’s the price for what you’re getting. $13 B- >>find it at snooth<<
- 10 Ogier Heritages Blanc (Cotes du Rhone): U didn’t know lemon & peach blossom could unleash this style of nutty, oily kung-fu, did U? $13 B >>find it at snooth<<
- 10 Tariquet Chenin Chardonnay (Vin de Pays des Cotes de Gascogne): Like drinking passion fruit, at a bargain price for passion fruit. $10 B- >>find it at snooth<<